Tuesday 10 March 2015

Born Fighting......


Born fighting...
Written by Jabulani Mabuza

People are always watching. Finding yourself in those tough early years of your career. The time where for the first time you need to be the majority investor of your future. 

Flip! Outie doesn't even have time to chill with the guys anymore, be a good boyfriend or even have time for thoughts. Theme of the current moment: it is now or never. Slyza tsoti! 

Born black, too rich for the shacks, too poor for the burbs. One either has to be smart and befriend books or just be innovative and create a new sock brand. I had to be smart, weird! I was never born smart or intelligent, I was born wanting. Wanting the best out life, best in my career, best in a relationship. 

I did a lot of fighting to be the first out of my siblings to get that paper. I was told I was too ambitious when I said " I don't wanna be the Benoni lawyer"  but hey I chose to believe in the great and forget the stand still critics. People make so much in bad and whispers in moment of Glory. 

 Now listen, done with school, got that degree. Life has changed! I found my voice, I found my light. I may not be wealthy LOL still far from it but I have started working on that path because I, choose to focus on exposure and experience as one guy once said "work hard now, money is a by product." Money, that you can always get but credentials and a name that opens doors, nigga that u work hard for. 


Black Child...the fight for a better future has begun. I will share mine as a young black professional in the legal field. 



No comments:

Post a Comment